Friday, April 4, 2008

My First Gocco!!!




I did it! I did it!!

I had to wait AN ENTIRE WEEK before I was allowed to open my Gocco printer box! I forced myself to wait because I had exams to study for this week and I knew that once the box was opened, there would be no studying! So today is Friday and i am free to do as I please! I created my first Gocco art! My mom wanted me to create "Hello" cards with butterflies on them for my grandmother. So I used photoshop and created my master copy, I then printed it out on an inkjet printer, and outlined it using a carbon pen. My first run of course was a failure... But that was because I put the ink on the wrong side of the screen! (Silly Me!)...Once I realized what an idiot I was, I got it right (after wasting lots of ink, a B6 screen, and two bulbs)! I then created 75 cute cards within 30 minutes! I really love the outcome of these cards. But now I can't do anymore because I need to purchase more bulbs and screens! I also cannot save my burned screen because I do not have the proper cleaning supplies to wipe the ink of for future use. But that's okay... I know for next time! I LOVE MY GOCCO! You will see many many more gocco creations soon!
On an EVEN GREATER note....
I finally settled on a printer to create wedding invitations and such. I purchased the Canon Pro9000 from Amazon. I read all 102 reviews and compared it to the EpsonR1800. It was a tough decision, but I landed on Canon. As soon as it arrives, i will have another toy to play with!! hopefully the cost of both of these printers will pay itself off!!

9 comments:

Lauren Alexander said...

Congrats! You have a lot of will power holding off on that printer until studying was done. More than me!

Brandon said...

Congrats!! that is super exciting. The butterflys look great!

I'm hoping on getting one myself. I want to do some stuff on clothing.

Glad you got your studding done. Way to stay strong!

Blssings
Melissa

Fabianna said...

Gotta Getta Gocco!

Brandon said...

Hey so what are you going to have in Goco clothing?? Or is it a surprise?

Melissa

Dulce said...

So what is a Gocco?
What ever it is I love what you did with it.
Dulce

Patti said...

Wow! With all that you do, you are so creative! Now I have to think about making cards again! Thank you for sharing!

Mary Helen Scribble Nation said...

Oh! Congrats! I'm dying for a Gocco.

Christopher And Tia said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Rona said...

Andrea,
Mom-mom got the note cards today,and she absolutely LOVES them. For your 1st project, they are teriffic. Keep up the creativity. I'm so proud of you.

Love,

Mom