Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Poor Poor Pup!




I have two puppies (both about one year old). I have a German Sheperd (Callie) and a Weimeraner (Savannah). Every week we take them to the dog park to let out their much wound up energy. There is something about Savannah that attracts all of the other dogs (boys and girls) to her. There hasn't been a day that we have gone to the park without a group of dogs chasing after her and attacking her. Usually it's no big deal, but this past week, the MINUTE we let our dogs into the park Savannah was attacked by about 7 dogs, this time it wasn't fun and games. There was a bull mastif there that dug his teeth into Savannahs butt and flipped her over while the other dogs pumbeled her. Kwabena had to kick the dog to let Savannah go. I couldn't believe it. Savannah has been spayed so there is no reason that these dogs should be going after her. I think that the dogs communicate with each other before going into the gated park and Savannah must say something to them that gets them on fire!! My poor pup was bleeding in two spots and limping. She ran right out of the gate and she had this depressed look on her face for the remainder of the day. I felt so bad. The next day I noticed she had a huge bruise on the inside of her thigh. She wasn't limping anymore though. She has almost fully recovered now but we have to find some alternative to running her, since we obviously cannot go to the dog park anymore. Here is a picture of my little girls!

8 comments:

Urban Design said...

Yikes! Your poor doggie! :( How weird that she's a jerky dog magnet!

Precious Memories. Always Remember. said...

I know!! I guess she is just so pretty that the other dogs get jealous! lol

1337 Art said...

They're beautiful dogs. It's good that she's almost recovered already.

Maybe a walk around the block or two? Are there any other parks in the area?

Rona said...

You better take good care of my granddogger! She needs her daddy to protect her!!! Luv ya, Mom

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

Oh, the poor puppy. I think you're right about the dogs communicating with each other. The dogs in our dog park always pick on our little beagle, we only take her now when it's almost empty.

Rachel said...

so cute :)

seriously, you own my two favorite dog breeds!

Annie Howes said...

Such beautiful dogs you have. I can't help but wonder if it's Myers Park that you visit. I used to live in Tallahassee but we never took our pooches there.

Annie
http://anniehoweskeepsakes.blogspot.com

Beat Black said...

thats really odd, I've never heard of dogs doing this before. Shes so pretty.