Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK

I am starting a featured artist section in my blog. Each week I will pick an artist that I love and I will show you what they do, why they do it, and how they do it. For the first week I picked Janet because she befriended me in etsychat and I immediately loved her shop and personality. This is Janet's story in her own words:

My name is Janet, i'm 53 years old and recently celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary.I have 5 grown children, who all but 1 has left home and started there own lives, but once they all had flown the nest, i decided that it was time to get myself an hobby, i started to collect, buy and sell antiques, and was doing really well, and was making alot of profit on the items which i sold.In the meantime whilst doing all that i started to design jewelry, and quickly realised that this is where my passion lied, i decided to give my all to this, and started to do jewelry parties, going to residential homes, i also did them at some of my friends homes, where they would invite people that they knew.They where really fun, all women, having a glass of wine and some light refreshments, looking and buying jewelry!I found etsy and have spoke to alot of friendly people, who are more than willing to help others if they can, i really enjoy seeing all the handmade items and making some wondeful friends along the way!!

Here are a few of her beautiful items listed on Etsy. You can find her store here: http://janetlily.etsy.com/ . My personal favorite item in her shop is the one pictured the biggest. Please check out her store and give her some love!! If you mention "10% off, Andrea's Blog", you will recieve an extra 10% of any item in her shop!!!!

12 comments:

industrialpoppy said...

It is great to meet other artists on everyone's blogs! Very cool!

Erin said...

I love interviews with Etsy sellers too!

Aroma Fields said...

Very nice interview! Beautiful jewelry.

JerZ Craz Mom said...

Very nice write up!

Ravenhill said...

marvelous idea! I love her jewelry too!

Dharma Designs said...

Great feature! Way to go!

Melissa said...

LOVE her stuff! Thanks for featuring her!!

Pegasus Handmade Soaps said...

Awesome feature! Great job and love the jewelry. Keep up the great work.

Creative Treasures said...

Janet, you do beautiful work! Love the interview! Very sweet to feature other artists.

Melissa said...

Janet, I'm kinda new to blogworld too so what I did was just add your blog to my faves from my toolbar. (and that's about all I know! LOL) Thanks for visiting me ;)

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

Beautiful interview! Love the jewlery, too! Amazing work Janet!

Creative Treasures said...

Janet, thank yor for leaving me a lovely comment and for viewing my blog. I really do appreciate it! Hope you have a great weekend!
Peace,
Donna