Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST FireDancerDesigns

This week I have chosen FireDancerDesigns as my artist of the week. She has a gorgeous shop that is in need of attention. Please take a look at her store and leave her a little love.

Here are a few examples of some items listed in her shop:


Description:
I love to find different surfaces to print on and this candle is an example of that. It is a 3 x 3 pillar candle which I printed my original leaf block print on in red and gold ink. The candle comes wrapped with natural and red colored raffia adorned with a wooden bead.

Description:
A golden leaf has been printed on a natural brown paper and then adhered to a blank notecard. The set includes four notecards, each a different color.


Description:
“There is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me.” - UnknownThis sprig was stamped in white acrylic paint onto purple paper then sewn onto a white card with white thread. The card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches and is blank inside making it perfect for any occassion!



A message straight from her heart:
Being a new stay at home mom I had to find something that would be a creative outlet for me, as well as a possible source of income, this is what lead me to opening FireDancer Designs. My name is Kimberly; I am 26 years old and live in Dayton, Ohio with my wonderful husband, our amazing 6 month old son, and our slightly neurotic beagle. For as long as I can remember crafting has been a part of my life. I get it from my parents; my mom is always baking, or crafting, and my dad is a draftsman and woodworker. The style of the items in my Etsy shop is simple and natural. I enjoy creating handmade paper, original block prints, note cards and experimenting with all kinds of art materials. Block-printing and papermaking were techniques I learned while working at an art supply store and I love how unpredictable they can be; you never really know what the print or sheet is going to end up looking like. Every print or sheet is unique and special. One of my most shining moments on Etsy is when I found one of my creations in someone’s Treasury – that made me feel as good as if I had sold something! Even though I am still in search of the elusive first sale, my advice for fellow Etsians is to stay optimistic and don’t get down on yourself if you don’t sell something in the first week, or first month, just keep creating, listing and promoting.

FireDancer Designs can be found at these links:

Etsy has become a family affair:
my dad’s shop is http://www.CreationsInWood.etsy.com.

6 comments:

Bonghi Nautra said...

great feature! i love the purple card, beautiful!

Pegasus Handmade Soaps said...

You do beautiful work :-) I wish you much success in your new shop.

industrialpoppy said...

I love how ordinary objects are used as inspiration to create something even more beautiful.

industrialpoppy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! In answer to your question about my packaging, I make and decorate the boxes myself-it's like creating a little work of art!

Melissa said...

Beautiful feature! TFS!

ThePeachTree said...

Wonderful interview! I'm so happy to have learned about this shop :)