Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Embroider my heart Away.




I completed my first wording embroidery task. My mom gave me the challenge of embroidering my brothers full name and her full name onto black denim to sew onto their scuba diving bags. I had never used the wording on my machine before so I gave it a go! My brothers name took me 3 tries before I got to this finished (not great) product. I had trouble spacing the words. My machine only lets me do 4 letters at a time so after those letters are finished I have to moved the material. It was a struggle but I finally got it to work. Even though the "am" in graham are slightly lower than the rest, it still looks pretty good. I tried to do my mom's name, but I had to much trouble spacing it, so I decided to do just her first name and a dolphin instead. I really like how hers turned out. The dolphin is really cute. My brothers name turned out to be about one foot long and a few inches high and my mom's name is about 3 inches high and about 5 inches long. (They look smaller in the pictures)Now that I have completed these, I am ready for my next challenge....hmmm.....what shall I get myself into now....any ideas?

2 comments:

MillieDog Designs said...

those look great! I wish I could embroider like that... good job!

Bonghi Nautra said...

These look great! Nice Job!